HIV New and updated CDC resources on HIV and AIDS
- Notice of Funding Opportunity PS-24-042: A Bridge to Adherence: Long-Acting Antiretroviral Therapy for People with HIV Released from Prisonon December 5, 2023 at 2:00 pm
The purpose of this NOFO is to support research on long-acting injectable (LAI) antiretroviral therapy (ART) by implementing and evaluating LAI-ART use among people soon to be released from prisons to the community and the effects of such use on the achievement and maintenance of HIV care continuum metrics. Recipients of this NOFO will conduct qualitative and quantitative research resulting in data describing real-world LAI-ART use in an era of multiple HIV treatment modalities.
- Notice of Funding Opportunity Announcement PS24-063: Minority HIV Research Initiative (MARI): Epidemiologic, Behavioral, and Implementation Science Research in Racial/Ethnic Minority Communities Disproportionately Affected by HIV and Build Research Capacity Among Historically Underrepresented Researcherson November 27, 2023 at 1:30 pm
The purpose of this Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) is to support promising epidemiologic, behavioral, and implementation science research addressing the drivers of health inequities in racial and ethnic minority communities disproportionately affected by HIV while strengthening the capacity for conducting such research among underrepresented investigators working in these communities. The NOFO supports CDC's goals to promote health and reduce disease and disability by funding research that has the potential to result in high public health impact.
- Engaging with Transgender & Nonbinary Communities Social Media Toolkiton October 24, 2023 at 5:00 pm
Looking to share inclusive and affirming HIV information for trans, nonbinary, and gender non-conforming (GNC) communities? We've got you covered! This edition of our Let's Stop HIV Together social media toolkit contains ready-to-go messages for posting on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- HIV and Stage 3 (AIDS) Classifications Data through December 2021 Provided for the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program, for Fiscal Year 2023on October 18, 2023 at 8:00 pm
The FY 2023 Ryan White Supplemental Surveillance Report displays data that were provided by CDC to the HIV/AIDS Bureau of the Health Resources and Services Administration to calculate funding allocation amounts for jurisdictions eligible for the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) Metropolitan (Part A) and State (Part B) programs.
- Dear Colleague: Preliminary Data on Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis Coverage Releasedon October 18, 2023 at 5:45 pm
CDC published preliminary data on pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) coverage. These preliminary data (Tables 3A-3C) indicate that in 2022, for the first time, more than one-third of people in the U.S. who could benefit from PrEP had been prescribed it. Increasing PrEP coverage is one of the key prevention strategies outlined in the Ending the HIV Epidemic in the U.S. (EHE) initiative.